[OSGeo Africa] Custodian of provincial shapefiles

Mervin Naik Mervin.Naik at kzncogta.gov.za
Thu Oct 4 08:54:11 PDT 2018

Yes sir.

Mervin Naik
Chief GIS Professional
Geospatial Information Services Directorate
Department of Cooperate Governance and Traditional Affairs
Contact no.: 082 806 4083
-------- Original message --------From: Adi Eyal <adi at openup.org.za>
Date: 2018/10/04  21:40  (GMT+07:00) To: Adrian Frith
<adrian at adrianfrith.com>, Africa local chapter discussions
<africa at lists.osgeo.org> Subject: Re: [OSGeo Africa] Custodian of
provincial shapefiles
So, are we relying on printed pages in the gazettes to define the
boundaries of our municipalities, districts and provinces? Are the
shapefiles on the MDB website the definitive source?
On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 3:57 PM Adrian Frith <adrian at adrianfrith.com>