[OSGeo Africa] KZN Land Use

Immo Blecher immob19 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 01:14:18 PDT 2019

Hi Stephen,

There is a SANBI 2008 KZN land cover layer, might be a bit old.

In QGIS add a ArcGis Mapserver connection to
http://bgismaps.sanbi.org/arcgis/rest/services/KZN_landcover/MapServer

Provides a nice legend too.

Immo

On 2019/04/01 10:10, Stephen Wiggins wrote:
> Thanks Riaan! Much Appreciated.
> Hope you're doing well.
> Kind Regards
>
> On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 10:06 AM Riaan Botes <riaanb at iafrica.com
> <mailto:riaanb at iafrica.com>> wrote:
>
>     Dear Stephen
>
>     Search around for the EGIS on the DEA website. Login is free, they
>     just take a day or 3 to vet your request. They have various LC
>     data sets up to 2013/2014 or 2014/2015 depend on what you read. I
>     have been hearing rumours of a 2017/2018 set but have not found
>     that yet. Served as GeoTIFF covering the whole RSA.

*Immo F. Blecher**
Street: */36 Saffraan Ave., Die Boord, Stellenbosch, 7613, South Africa
//*Postal:*//PO Box 74, Lynedoch, 7603, South Africa
//*Cell:*///+27 83 272 6791 |*Fax: *+27 86 736 3302
*Email:*_immo at blecher.co.za_ <mailto:immo at blecher.co.za> |
_immob19 at gmail.com_ <mailto:immob19 at gmail.com>| _immob at mymtnmail.co.za
<mailto:immob at mymtnmail.co.za>
_*Internet:*_http://www.blecher.co.za/_

Contact me: immob19 at gmail.com immoblecher

<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/immo-blecher/30/414/b8>

Please consider your environmental responsibility. Before printing this
e-mail message, ask yourself whether you really need a hard copy.

IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are
confidential. They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you
have received this email by mistake, please notify the sender
immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies
thereof.