[OSGeo Africa] EC Boundaries: School Districts and Circuits

Hester Badenhorst hester at mandalagis.co.za
Mon Apr 15 04:31:41 PDT 2019

Hi Tim
Thanks so much for this, I will convey to Willem, you are so helpfull.

Kind regards
Hester

On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 at 13:06, Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com> wrote:

> Hi Willem
>
> I took a quick look at the site - nice to see they use MapServer (open
> source GIS server) for serving their maps. You can easily fetch the data
> using WFS from that server in QGIS and then save it out to your preferred
> vector format (GeoPackage!) using QGIS. Just open the QGIS browser panel
> and right click on the WFS node. Then create a new connection with the
> following details:
>

> Name: Eastern Cape Education
>

> Click ok and then drag and drop the EdDists layer into your QGIS project.
>
> Then right click the added layer and choose ‘Export -> Save features as’
>
> Have fun!
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>
> On 15 Apr 2019, at 11:57, Willem Badenhorst <mandalagis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Colleagues
>
> Can anyone please let me know where I can get hold of/download/WMS of the
> GIS/shp files for EC Boundaries: School Districts and Circuits.  I found
> the map below on their EMIS site:   https://ecsrp.webmaps.co.za/map
>
> However, there does not seem to be any downloadable data, only in PDF
> format.
>
> Your help would be greatly appreciated.
>

> *Tim Sutton*
>
> *Co-founder:* Kartoza
> *Ex Project chair:* QGIS.org
>
> Visit http://kartoza.com to find out about open source:
>
> Desktop GIS programming services
> Geospatial web development
> GIS Training
> Consulting Services
>
> *Skype*: timlinux
> *IRC:* timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net
>
> I'd love to connect. Here's my calendar link
> <https://calendly.com/timlinux> to make finding time easy.

Also, we are excited about the Position IT publication of an article on our
ScoutMaster App -  land use survey  that was done for Ekurhuleni and Mogale
City...check it out at  Position IT article
<http://www.ee.co.za/article/mobile-land-use-surveying-approaches-for-municipalities.html>

*Hester Badenhorst* (Spatial Analyst, BT&RP:UP)

   <https://www.facebook.com/mandalagis1/>
<https://za.linkedin.com/in/mandala-gis-192966125>
<https://www.instagram.com/mandalagis/>

hester at mandalagis.co.za
SAPI Corporate Member: 12561
GISSA Member: YSXB-7421

<https://za.linkedin.com/in/hesterbadenhorst>
Cell: 083 244 3837  -  Fax: 27112527219
Postnet Suite 402; Private Bag X025; Lynnwood Ridge; 0040

[image: Landuse Survey App] <http://www.scoutmaster.co.za>

*  Click Click Survey Done!*

ScoutMaster is a Web Mapping and Land use Survey application integrating
mapping, data visualisation and project collaboration for land use survey
teams in South Africa. ScoutMaster offers productivity tools for teams
doing land use surveys in the Republic of South Africa.

Disclaimer
This e-mail is intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed and
may contain confidential or privileged information. If you have received it
in error please notify us immediately by return e-mail or by telephone +27
(0)82 467 5110 and delete the e-mail. You may not copy, distribute,
disclose or take any action in reliance on it. While we take reasonable
precautions to minimise the risk of an attachment containing computer
viruses this possibility still exists. We cannot accept liability for any
damage which you may sustain as a result of a software virus. We recommend
that you carry out your own virus checks before opening an attachment. We
do not accept responsibility for any amendments made to any attached
documents without our approval. We do not accept responsibility for private
or personal messages e-mailed from our domain.