[OSGeo Africa] Topographic map with Road Numbers

Aslam Parker Aslam.Parker at drdlr.gov.za
Tue Apr 16 04:44:24 PDT 2019

Hi

Response from NGI

The examples falls on two of our 250K maps: 2528 Pretoria and 2628 East Rand.
I made comparisons on both and it is clear that the attachments are not from our standard 250K’s. I also looked at previous editions. The shapes of features are quite different as generalisation gave different results.
The attached maps look more like a Gauteng Dep. of Roads project,….? Or even an AA product.
Regards, Riaan

Riaan Swart
Control Survey Technician Grade B
Professional GISc Practitioner  (GPr GISc 0149)