[OSGeo Africa] SASDI.GOV.ZA - Where is the data?

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Sat Dec 21 01:31:30 PST 2019

Hi all

So nice to see the SA Spatial Data Infrastructure ‘go live’.

http://www.sasdi.gov.za <http://www.sasdi.gov.za/>

There are a lot of officious looking documents on there by I have no clue how to search for and obtain geospatial data there. Can anyone enlighten me?

And if anyone from from the SASDI is watching, please contact me if you want to bring the SDI into the 21st century…..let the landing page be a map with a function that lets me browse available datasets, view them in the map, connect to them using OGC web services and download them to my local machine. Those should be the primary use cases….then hide away all the other stuff that is on the landing page because it is probably of zero to very low interest to 99.99% of your users.

Season’s greetings!

Regards

Tim
—