[OSGeo Africa] Historic Topographic Map Series of Namibia now online

Immo Blecher immob19 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 01:21:10 PST 2019

Thank you Grant,

Nice work!!!

@Tim: Any idea how to get the South African version working  on QGIS. I
tried
https://htonl.dev.openstreetmap.org/ngi-tiles/tiles/50k/{z}/{x}/{y}.png
but it does not work. I guess I'm doing something wrong.

I would love to get more people to see the good work and maybe
contribute/donate to the project (QGIS list).

Regards

Immo

On 2019/01/08 13:53, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi
>
> Wow that is really cool! I was able to easily add the Nambia toposheet
> tiles to QGIS 3.x using this XYZ Connection URL:
>
> https://namibia-topo.openstreetmap.org.za/layer/na_sgswa_topo_50k/{z}/{x}/{y}.png
>
> @Grant any chance you can make the non map areas transparent instead
> of black?
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>
>> On 08 Jan 2019, at 13:10, Grant Slater <openstreetmap at firefishy.com
>> <mailto:openstreetmap at firefishy.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am very pleased to say I now have the 1970s / 1980s 1:50k
>> topographic series of Namibia online:
>>
>> https://namibia-topo.openstreetmap.org.za/
>>
>> I was able to purchase scans of 1218 of the required 1221 sheets from
>> Madmappers.com and run a nearly successful GoFundMe campaign to recoup
>> costs, which will allow me follow up with other countries:
>> https://www.gofundme.com/namibian-topographic-maps
>>
>> If anyone is able to help me get good scans of the following sheets it
>> would be very much appreciated.
>>
>> * Sheet 1712CC (missing)
>> * Sheet 1819BB (missing)
>> * Sheet 1820AA (missing)
>> * Sheet 1712BD_Okakora_Ed-1-sgswa_1980 (poor quality scan)
>> * Sheet 2214CB-DA-Swakopmund_Ed-1-sgswa_1981 (poor quality scan)
>> * Sheet 2214CD-DC_Walvisbaai_Ed-1-sgswa_1981  (poor quality scan)
>> * Sheet 2314CB-DA_photomap_Ed-1-sgswa_1980  (poor quality scan)
>>
>> Any feedback or comment?
>>
>> Any recommendations on which country to try next? Any help greatly
>> appreciated.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Grant
>

> *Tim Sutton*
>
> *Co-founder:*Kartoza
> *Ex Project chair:*QGIS.org <http://QGIS.org>
>
> Visit http://kartoza.com <http://kartoza.com/> to find out about open
> source:
>
> Desktop GIS programming services
> Geospatial web development
> GIS Training
> Consulting Services
>
> *Skype*: timlinux
> *IRC:*timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net <http://freenode.net>

*Immo F. Blecher**
Street: */36 Saffraan Ave., Die Boord, Stellenbosch, 7613, South Africa
//*Postal:*//PO Box 74, Lynedoch, 7603, South Africa
//*Cell:*///+27 83 272 6791 |*Fax: *+27 86 736 3302
*Email:*_immo at blecher.co.za_ <mailto:immo at blecher.co.za> |
_immob19 at gmail.com_ <mailto:immob19 at gmail.com>| _immob at mymtnmail.co.za
<mailto:immob at mymtnmail.co.za>
_*Internet:*_http://www.blecher.co.za/_

Contact me: immob19 at gmail.com immoblecher

<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/immo-blecher/30/414/b8>

Please consider your environmental responsibility. Before printing this
e-mail message, ask yourself whether you really need a hard copy.

IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are
confidential. They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you
have received this email by mistake, please notify the sender
immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies
thereof.