[OSGeo Africa] Historic Topographic Map Series of Namibia now online

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Wed Jan 9 02:56:24 PST 2019

Hi Immo,

Make sure the last bit of the URL is correct...
https://htonl.dev.openstreetmap.org/ngi-tiles/tiles/50k/{z}/{x}/{-y}.png

NOTE the {-y} not {y}

The reason for the difference is the TMS for the Namibian use top left
origin (more commonly known as XYZ), while the South African use
bottom left origin.

I do plan on fixing the South Africa ones to use the XYZ standard
format at a later stage, but low priority at the moment.

Kind regards,

Grant