[OSGeo Africa] Identify coordinate system

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Sat Jul 13 07:19:32 PDT 2019

See my "Solved" email to the list....

My reality was that I did not ask what the vector data represented.
My strategy of looking for what projection had its origin on the equator
and some 500Km west of Doha correctly led me to UTM39N, but as I did not
realise that the data was cloud cover (there were no attributes in the
shapefile) I thought there was another error.

Thanks for the thought.
Regards,
Zoltan