[OSGeo Africa] Fwd: Requesting colour or grey-scale orthophoto image of specific date for detection and mapping a peat fire

Luncedo Ngcofe Luncedo.Ngcofe at drdlr.gov.za
Mon Apr 6 09:09:33 PDT 2020

Dear Heidi

You can try and access CD:NGI dataset from the portal: www.cdngiportal.co.z<http://www.cdngiportal.co.za/>a

Regards
 Luncedo

________________________________
From: Africa [africa-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] on behalf of Heidi Van Deventer [HvDeventer at csir.co.za]
Sent: 06 April 2020 05:17 PM
To: africa at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [OSGeo Africa] Fwd: Requesting colour or grey-scale orthophoto image of specific date for detection and mapping a peat fire

Dear Colleagues,

I wonder if anyone can advise on available images for an old peat fire of 2010. Please see my request below, which was directed to DRDLR, however, since they are closed till 17 April, I am looking for alternative avenues to continue working on it. Any advice?

Thanks
Heidi
>>> Heidi Van Deventer 2020/04/06 15:37 >>>
Dear Sales,

I am trying to map a peat fire for the Leipoldtville wetland, which occurred between 31 May and 5 June 2010.
The 1:50 000 topomap area is 3218AB.

Please can you advise whether you have any colour or grey-scale images available for this area?

Kind regards,
Heidi

Dr Heidi van Deventer
Senior GIS/RS Researcher
Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
Natural Resources Enabling Infrastructure and Professional Services
Building 33 CSIR Pretoria
Tel: +27 12 841 2507
https://www.csir.co.za/<https://www.csir.co.za/heidi-van-deventer>heidi-van-deventer
ORCID iD: 0000-0002-7854-2155
Registered Professional with the South African Geomatics Council, SAGC GISc Practitioner