[OSGeo Africa] RDP houses location Shapefile

Peter Newmarch newmarch at land-surveyors.com
Tue Feb 18 03:12:03 PST 2020

Dear Thabang,

There is no shapefiles for the Locality of Houses in an urban (GP) setting - to my knowledge. There will be dots for Rural housing projects. Be careful of the dots in the rural setting – they could be either pre construction or post construction – massive differences will exist with any imagery comparison.

The National department of Human Settlements will definitely have shapefiles of the Housing Project Areas.

An estimated 30% (possibly high of 40%) of RDP houses are built in the wrong place – causing untold problems. I wish they did in fact have a spatial layer of positions of houses, but its not part of the housing process to check and sign off.

Regards

Peter

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain confidential information and is intended only for the use of the

recipient named above. Should you receive this e-mail in error, please forward it to (nng at land-surveyors.com <mailto:nng at land-surveyors.com> )

and delete from your in-box. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.