[OSGeo Africa] Points Clustering/ Grouping - Seeking a Solution

E. Ndava erick.ndava at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 23:23:54 PDT 2022

Hi Gavin.

Great to hear from you too.

Looks like it's a matter of trying several implementations, as you put it.
No silver bullet.

I will dig deeper on DBSCAN and give another go at k-means and brave it out
with GRASS.

*"I don’t think any method will give you the three pre-determined fixed
number clusters it seems you are looking for."*
Something close to start with is acceptable and can be modified with some
manual intervention. My dataset is small and the desired clusters few. Now
I see trouble brewing with a larger dataset, more clusters and weighted
points.

Thanks again