[OSGeo Africa] QGIS Openday 27 May 2022

Amy Burness amy at kartoza.com
Wed May 25 04:04:44 PDT 2022

Dear QGIS Users

On Friday, 27th May 2022 we will be holding our monthly QGIS Open Day
<https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/wiki/QOD-May-2022>! What is a QGIS Open Day
you may be wondering to yourself? It is an initiative to replace the
wonderful community meetups we used to hold every six months when times
were different. Like our in-person meetings, the event is organised on the
principle of self-organisation and community participation.

*Programme*

Session 1: Open Session: QGIS, remote sensing and studying ocean health and
whale strandings, Youtube Link <https://youtu.be/7ZWbGohSyU8>, Jitsi Link
<https://meet.jit.si/PerfectDvdsProtestCorrectly>
Session 2: New 3D and point cloud features in QGIS 3.26, YouTube link
<https://youtu.be/v-ZMRpk0mv8>, Jitsi
<https://meet.jit.si/SpectacularAdultsRockWrong>
Session 3: Forest Visualisation Plugin: Proof of Concept Demonstration, YouTube
link <https://youtu.be/sK4Xk4VJZXY>, Jitsi
<https://meet.jit.si/AmazedKicksAbsorbAround>
Session 4: Open QGIS Chat, YouTube link <https://youtu.be/Oww8fi5in6k>,
Jitsi <https://meet.jit.si/SympatheticCoordinatorsResolveSlightly>

*Where to watch*

Please see the event wiki page at QOD-May-2022 Wiki for all the details of
times and links for participation.

*Recordings*

All the events are recorded and made available to users who couldn't make
the live events. Youtube live streams are automatically available for
catch-up viewing. Be sure to check back here for updates!

Event: Youtube channel Link
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGS162t4hkOA0b35ucf1yng>

*Code of Conduct*

Participants are kindly reminded to please read and observe our QGIS Code
of Conduct and Diversity Statement to make these events a great experience
for everyone!

Code of Conduct
<https://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/codeofconduct/codeofconduct.html
"QGIS Code of Conduct">