[OSGeo Africa] OpenStreetMap ZA hosting CD:NGI's 25cm imagery?

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Wed Feb 1 04:50:39 PST 2023

Hi OSGeo Africa,

OpenStreetMap South Africa has previously made CD:NGI's fantastic 50cm
aerial imagery available online. eg:
http://aerial.openstreetmap.org.za/

We are currently preparing to make the 25cm aerial imagery available
online. At the moment we are still trying to work out how we'll
process and store the mammoth 12TB of imagery. If anyone has any large
server hard disks going spare or access to a large pool of AWS
credits, we would love to hear from you. ;-)

We are discussing the imagery here, including costs of potentially
buying large disks:
https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/new-25cm-aerial-photos-available-from-chief-directorate-national-geo-spatial-information-cd-ngi/8452?u=firefishy

PS: It is expected that NGI will likely later provide a full coverage
25cm mosaic via the CDNGI Geospatial Portal. We are "duplicating" the
effort because we want to make the imagery available to the
OpenStreetMap mapping community ASAP and having the imagery online via
an independent portal is likely a good idea.

Kind regards,

Grant
Wearing my OpenStreetMap ZA hat.