[OSGeo Africa] Schedule for new NGO aerial photos

Aslam Parker Aslam.Parker at dalrrd.gov.za
Tue Jan 24 06:09:07 PST 2023

Good day

Our current funding model allows us to fly the whole country in a 3-4 year cycle at 0.25m GSD. At the end of this current financial year (by March 2023) we hope to have the first blanket coverage of the country at 0.25m. (previous coverages was at 0.5m). The status of our orthorectified imagery can be obtained from our website at https://ngi.dalrrd.gov.za/index.php/what-we-do/aerial-photography-and-imagery/35-colour-digital-aerial-imagery-at-0-5m-gsd-2008-2016-and-0-25m-gsd-2017-current (apologies for the long URL).

The entire Western Cape has been flown between (2021- late 2022) and most of the areas has been orthorectified. We are finalising the orthorectification for the last two ¼ degree squares areas which was delayed due to technical issues.

Although the individual images are available of the portal, there is no new mosaic on the portal http://www.cdngiportal.co.za/cdngiportal/  as we are migrating to an internally hosted portal.

Regardless, all the imagery is available from sales at dalrrd.gov.za<mailto:sales at dalrrd.gov.za>

Kind Regards ....*

Aslam Parker
Chief Director: National Geospatial Information (CD: NGI) ;  |  Branch: National Geomatics Management Services|
19 Rhodes Avenue, Mowbray, Cape Town| Tel +27 21 658 4301| Mobile +27 (082) 331 8501 |
Email: aslam.parker at dalrrd.gov.za<mailto:aslam.parker at dalrrd.gov.za> : URL: https://ngi.dalrrd.gov.za/
 [cid:image003.jpg at 01D9300E.0FEB8930]
P Please consider the environment before printing this email and/or any related attachments