[OSGeo Africa] Old 1:50k African Topo Maps

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Thu Sep 17 06:06:33 PDT 2026


Hi OSGeo Africa list,

My out-of-copyright / old African topographic maps project continues to grow...

I now have the following online:

https://namibia-topo.openstreetmap.org.za/
Complete

https://lesotho-topo.openstreetmap.org.za/
New. Few boundary sheets use the South African series instead of the
Lesotho series, I'd love to replace them.
If anyone can help me source the following Lesotho sheets it would be
greatly appreciated: 2827DD (includes 2827DC), 2828DC, 2928CB (the
existing scan is badly cropped).

https://eswatini-topo.openstreetmap.org.za/
Complete, but some sheet editions likely need revision.

https://zimbabwe-topo.openstreetmap.org.za/
Complete, I'd like to replace a few watermarked sheets.

https://malawi-topo.openstreetmap.org.za/
New. It's a slow process; many sheets are still missing. Help me find
the missing sheets!

https://topo.openstreetmap.org.za/
Complete, but it's not optimised and likely missing a few newer sheet editions.
Eventually I plan to add an option to view different editions.

This is a hobby project. I am an individual.
If you are able to help fund the work, it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/purchase-historical-zimbabwe-topographic-maps
Alternatively contact me and I can provide paypal or ZA or UK banking details.

Kind regards,
Grant


More information about the Africa mailing list