[OSGeo-Announce] OpenLayers 2.3 Release
warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Feb 23 00:03:47 EST 2007
The OpenLayers Development Team is proud to announce Final Release of
To run 2.3 in your applications, include the following tag in your
Among the 52 fixed tickets, you will find:
* A number of minor fixes to popup handling
* A number of minor fixes to layer handling
* The addition of a TMS layer
* The ability to specify a number of failed attempts to load an
image before giving up.
* Encoding of URLs sent to the server.
* A number of minor improvements in the grid layer
* A number of improvements in IE behavior, especially with regard to
* A fixed version of isEquivilantURL
* Small fix to build tools
* Improvements to the OverviewMap control.
* A fix for a longstanding bug where tiles are drawn outside the
maxExtent of the map (Thanks to Bill Woodall)
* Added functionality to allow setting of multiple layers via WMS
following the specification, using array syntax for layer list.
(With information from Keith Pomakis)
* Some armoring and protection of the WMS Untiled layer and other
layers on destroy().
* A fix to panning in an odd sized viewport.
Official Release Notes including all features and bug fixes can be found
...and complete documentation on the entire 2.3 Release is here:
Bug reports can be filed in Trac, under the 2.3 version.
As always, thanks for any and all feedback... and thanks for using
More information about the Announce