[OSGeo-Announce] FOSS4G 2009 Abstract Voting Open

mapbutcher mapbutcher at mapbutcher.com
Mon Jun 15 06:00:15 EDT 2009

FOSS4G 2009 <http://2009.foss4g.org/index.html>
Abstract Voting Open

Sydney, Australia. 15 June 2009.

You can now vote on the papers you'd like to see at FOSS4G 2009! We have had
over 170 abstract submissions. Have your say on what you would like to see
at the conference. You can read the abstracts and cast your votes for your
preferred papers. Voting is open now and will close on Sunday 28th June.

To vote follow the link here: http://2009.foss4g.org/presentations/

For instructions on how to vote, please refer to the voting page on the
Conference website or
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Program#Presentation_Voting

Successful authors will be notified on the 20th of July. A preliminary
program will be in place by August.
Upcoming FOSS4G milestones

   - 15-28 June 2009, Abstract Voting is Open
   - 31 Jul 2009, Early registration deadline
   - 14 Sep 2009, Completed program available
   - 20 Oct 2009, FOSS4G Workshop
   - 21-23 Oct 2009, FOSS4G Presentations and Tutorials
   - 24 Oct 2009, FOSS4G Code Sprint

Media Sponsors

   - Position Magazine: http://www.positionmag.com.au/
   - Asian Surveying and Mapping Newsletter: http://www.asmmag.com
   - Geoconnexions Magazine: http://www.geoconnexion.com/
   - Directions Magazine: http://directionsmag.com/
   - GIS Development: http://gisdevelopment.net/
   - Baliz Media: http://www.BALIZ-MEDIA.com/ <http://www.baliz-media.com/>

For more information or to keep informed from the FOSS4G Organising
Committee, join our announcement list or twitter feed at:
http://2009.foss4g.org/contacts/

or contact:

Cameron Shorter, Chair of the FOSS4G Organising Committee and Geospatial
Systems Architect at LISAsoft

tel +61-2-8570-5050

c a m e r o n . s h o r t e r @ l i s a s o f t . c o m