[OSGeo-Announce] OpenLayers 2.9 Final Release
warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Apr 23 09:24:54 EDT 2010
The OpenLayers Development Team is proud to announce the release of
OpenLayers 2.9, the latest stable release of OpenLayers.
The 2.9 release adds a number of important features, the full list of
which can be found in the Release Notes, at
http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Release/2.9/Notes Some of the
* Graticule control
* Support for image layers tiled using the Zoomify storage standard
* Atom Format
* Catalogue Services for the Web (CS-W) Format
* Refresh strategy for vector layers
* Basic Sensor Observation Service (SOS) support
* TransformFeature control
* WMS 1.3 support
* a lot of memory leaks were fixed
... and many other new features and bug fixes that you can see detailed
in the release notes linked above.
For information on possible changes that will need to be made between
this version of OpenLayers and previous versions, please look at the
Release notes, available at the Release Notes information.
More information about the Announce