[OSGeo-Announce] Jeff McKenna is New OSGeo President

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Dec 17 12:51:49 PST 2012

The OSGeo Board of Directors have named Jeff McKenna as
 its new President. The previous President, Frank Warmerdam,
has stepped down, and the OSGeo Board is extremely grateful
for his leadership. Mr. McKenna brings years of experience in
the geospatial industry, and has been involved in the MapServer
web mapping project since its early days. He was also one of the
founding forces behind the Free and Open Source Software for
Geospatial (FOSS4G) international conference, and has
dedicated himself to promoting the use of Open Source
geospatial software through FOSS4G events all around the
world.

Mr. McKenna explains, “I'm honored to be named as the new
President of OSGeo. I plan to continue the wonderful work of
our past presidents Frank and Arnulf. The OSGeo community
is now thriving and vibrant, with FOSS4G regional events
operating all across the world; I plan to continue spreading this
passion for Open Source geospatial, and help introduce our
knowledge to both decision makers and technical users.
Decision makers all around the world should be exposed to our
experts through our communities, our regional events, our local
chapters, and also through our professional service providers.
There is much work still to be done in spreading our knowledge
of Open Source geospatial through all of these networks.”