[OSGeo-Announce] New Associate Sponsors 2ndQuadrant and Karttakeskus

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Mar 7 10:26:18 PST 2013

OSGeo is pleased to announce 2ndQuadrant (http://www.2ndquadrant.com/)
and Karttakeskus (http://www.karttakeskus.fi/) as OSGeo's latest
Associate Sponsors.

2ndQuadrant founder, Simon Riggs, and his organization based in the UK
offer professional support around the widely popular Open Source
PostgreSQL database engine.

Karttakeskus director, Sami Masala, says "In Finland, there is an
increasing interest towards Open Source software among our clients. Open
Source attracts enterprises as it is fast, flexible and cost-efficient.
Open Source is also easy to integrate with other software. From our
viewpoint, Open Source and commercial software are not opposites, but
complement each other. Karttakeskus wants to offer the best possible
support and expertise in this field and promote the use of Open Source
solutions in the private and public sectors. We find OSGeo an important
partner for us in this, as OSGeo is working with the most important Open
Source implementation projects, such as GeoServer, OpenLayers and QGIS.
This year, we want to participate in the Open Source development
projects, for example in the Finnish translations of the user interfaces."

Thank you to 2ndQuadrant, Karttakeskus, and all sponsors for supporting
OSGeo and its vibrant community!