[OSGeo-Announce] "Geo for All" region wise and subject wise thematic groups established

Jorge Sanz jsanz at osgeo.org
Thu Mar 5 23:31:55 PST 2015

On behalf of  "Geo for All"  http://www.geoforall.org  , we are pleased
to inform that  Region wise and Subject wise Thematic groups are now
established and we welcome you to join us.

Following inputs from the "Geo for All" community we decided to have new
Regional chairs to help us accommodate our expansion plans. Also this
helps us to arrange meetings of the regional research labs coinciding
with the FOSS4G regional conferences now fully established  for
accelerating research and teaching collaborations between our labs . For
example FOSS4G-Europe  http://europe.foss4g.org/2015/  for our European
labs ; FOSS4G NA https://2015.foss4g-na.org  for our North American
labs, FOSS4G-Asia http://www.foss4g-asia.org/2014/  for our Asian labs etc.

With the region wise thematic groups established, the chairs of these
are now the contact points for any new labs to be established in that
region to contact and the mailing list becomes the first point of
contact for the new members and all regional members in the region can
use the list for collaborating on regional funding calls, FOSS4G local
conferences etc.  This way we can make sure it is scaleable and meets
local/region requirements/needs. The criteria for membership for
ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Labs are at   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Geoforall_criteria

North America Region
Chairs: Helena Mitasova (USA), Charles Schweik (USA), Phillip Davis (USA)
Subscribe at maillist
http://lists.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/geoforall-northamerica
Website: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoForAll_North_America
Email: cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu; hmitaso at ncsu.edu; pdavis at delmar.edu

South America Region
Chairs: Sergio Acosta y Lara (Uruguay) and Silvana Camboim (Brazil)
Subscribe at maillist
http://lists.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/geoforall-southamerica
Website: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoForAll_South_America
Email: sergio.acostaylara at mtop.gub.uy; silvanacamboim at gmail.com

Africa Region
Chairs: Rania Elsayed Ibrahim (Egypt), Serena Coetzee (South Africa) and
Bridget Fleming (South Africa)
Subscribe at maillist
http://lists.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/geoforall-africa
Webpage at http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoForAll_Africa
Email: bridget at afrispatial.co.za; serenacoetzee at gmail.com;
ranyaalsayed at gmail.com

Asia Region (including Australia)
Chairs: Tuong Thuy Vu (Malaysia/Vietnam) and Venkatesh Raghavan
(Japan/India)
Subscribe at maillist
http://lists.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/geoforall-asiaaustralia
Website: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoForAll_Asia
Email: raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp; Tuongthuy.Vu at nottingham.edu.my

Europe Region
Chairs: Maria Brovelli (Italy) and Anne Ghilsa (Germany)
Subscribe at maillist
http://lists.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/geoforall-europe
Website: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoForAll_Europe
Email: maria.brovelli at polimi.it; a.ghisla at gmail.com

Thematics: Subjects/Language

Urban Science - City Analytics Thematic
Theme Leaders - Chris Pettit (Australia) and Patrick Hogan (USA)
Subscribe at maillist
http://lists.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/geoforall-urbanscience
Website: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoForAll_UrbanScience_CityAnalytics
Email: cpettit at unimelb.edu.au; patrick.hogan at nasa.gov

Teacher Training & School Education thematic
Theme Leaders - Elżbieta Wołoszyńska-Wiśniewska (Poland) and Adrian
Manning (UK)
Subscribe at maillist
http://lists.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/geoforall-teachertraining
Website:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoForAll_TeacherTraining_SchoolEducation
Email: j.d.w.m at btinternet.com; ela at gridw.pl

Spanish thematic
Theme Leaders - Sergio Acosta y Lara (Uruguay) and Antoni Pérez Navarro
(Spain)
Subscribe at maillist
http://lists.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/geoforall-spanish
Website: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoForAll_Spanish
Email: sergio.acostaylara at mtop.gub.uy; aperezn at uoc.edu

We invite all of you who are interested in different regions are welcome
to join the specific mail list to build local collaborations and
directly contact the regional chairs for new applications for
establishing ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS  Research labs in universities worldwide to
build Open Principles in  Geo Education.

--
Dr Suchith Anand