[OSGeo-Announce] GeoForAll: Happy PostGIS Day

Jorge Sanz jsanz at osgeo.org
Sun Nov 20 03:29:37 PST 2016

Happy PostGIS Day :-)

On behalf of GeoForAll community, I am pleased to share the latest edition
of our newsletter. Thanks to Dr Nikos Lambrinos (Chief Editor) and our
amazing team of editors for making this possible.

Download the latest newsletter at http://www.geoforall.org/newsletters/

We would like to introduce our colleagues at Department of Geoinformatics,
Palacký University in Olomouc, Czech Republic as our “GeoForAll” lab of the
month. Details at http://opensourcegeospatial.icaci.org/2016/11/geoforall-
lab-of-the-month-department-of-geoinformatics-palacky-
university-in-olomouc-czech-republic/

We are also happy to present Victoria Rautenbach from the Centre of
Geoinformation Science (CGIS) at the University of Pretoria (UP) in South
Africa. as our GeoAmbassador. It is even more great pleasure to have
another GeoAmbassodor Dr. Serena Coetzee (the GeoForAll chair of Africa )
who nominated Victoria for us. I want to thank Serena for introducing to us
a great colleague as our GeoAmbassodor of the month and sending us all the
details at http://opensourcegeospatial.icaci.org/2016/11/
geoambassador-of-the-month-victoria-rautenbach/

GeoForAll’s mission is make geospatial education opportunities open to all
and to make sure we all work together to create global citizens
contributing to the betterment of humanity. Please be our GeoAmbassadors
and share these ideas with all. Open principles in education (open
educational resources, free and open software, open data, open standards
etc) are key for true empowerment of staff and students globally and making
education and opportunities accessible to all . We look forward to working
and building collaborations with all interested in this education mission.
Access to quality education and opportunities is key for getting rid of
extreme poverty and enabling broadly shared prosperity for all.

The Open Source Geospatial Foundation  is the world’s largest Geospatial
ecosystem , so we welcome you to the huge network of our partners and
collaborators globally from governments, industry , universities, NGOs
worldwide that you can connect to  expand your ideas rapidly. Open
innovation is key in driving Digital Economy opportunities and we are
determined to make sure that everyone benefits.

May the FOSS be with everyone…

Best wishes,

Suchith

Dr. Suchith Anand
http://www.geoforall.org/

GeoForAll - Building and expanding Open Geospatial Science