[OSGeo-Announce] Summer School in Geocomputation - Italy - June 2017

Jorge Sanz jsanz at osgeo.org
Fri Feb 24 11:00:50 PST 2017

Dear colleagues,

registration open now for our International Summer School organized by
Spatial Ecology (www.spatial-ecology.net) held at the Univ. of
Basilicata, in the magnificent town Matera, Italy.

Geocomputation using free and Open Source Software (19th-23th June 2017)

A 5 days intense experience opening new horizons on the use of the
vast potentials of Linux environment and the command line approach for
data processing using Bash, AWK, Python, GRASS, QGIS, GDAL/OGR, R,
PKtools, OpenForis. We will guide newbies and experienced GIS users
who have never used a command line terminal to a stage which will
allow them to understand and apply very advanced open source data
processing routines. Our focus is to enhance a self-learning approach.
This allows participants to keep on progressing and improving their
skills in a continuously evolving technological environment.

More information and registration:

* www.spatial-ecology.net
* www.spatial-ecology.net/upcoming-events
* www.facebook.com/spatialecology > see events
* twitter: @BigDataEcology

Best regards

Spatial Ecology – Team

--
Giuseppe Amatulli, Ph.D.

Research scientist at
Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies
Yale Center for Research Computing
Center for Science and Social Science Information
New Haven, 06511
Teaching: http://spatial-ecology.org
Work:  https://environment.yale.edu/profile/giuseppe-amatulli/