[OSGeo-Announce] Summer School in Geocomputation - Berkeley - USA

Jorge Sanz jsanz at osgeo.org
Wed May 30 23:56:01 PDT 2018

Registration is open now for the

International Summer School: Geocomputation using free and Open Source
Software (20th-24th August 2018)

organized by Spatial Ecology (www.spatial-ecology.net) hosted at the
Berkeley Institute of Data Science

A 5 days intense experience opening new horizons on the use of the
vast potentials of Linux environment and the command line approach for
geo-data massive processing using Bash, AWK, Python, GRASS, QGIS,
GDAL/OGR, R, PKtools. We will guide newbies and experienced GIS users
who have never used a command line terminal to a stage which will
allow them to understand and apply very advanced open source data
processing routines. Our focus is to enhance a self-learning approach.
This allows participants to keep on progressing and improving their
skills in a continuously evolving technological environment.

More information and registration:

www.spatial-ecology.net
www.facebook.com/spatialecology  -> event

twitter: @BigDataEcology

Best regards

Spatial Ecology – Team

--
Giuseppe Amatulli, Ph.D.

Research scientist at
Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies
Yale Center for Research Computing
Center for Science and Social Science Information
New Haven, 06511
Teaching: http://spatial-ecology.net
Work:  https://environment.yale.edu/profile/giuseppe-amatulli/