[OSGeo-Announce] Welcoming our new OSGeo Charter Members 2018

Astrid Emde (OSGeo) astrid_emde at osgeo.org
Tue Nov 27 12:38:00 PST 2018

Read the news item at:
https://www.osgeo.org/foundation-news/welcoming-our-new-osgeo-charter-members-2018/

OSGeo would like to welcome our new OSGeo Charter Members 2018 from all
over the world.

In 2018 we had 35 nominations and all passed. The OSGeo board approved
the new members in the November 2018 board meeting.

Now we are happy to have 427 Charter Members in total. The charter
members are coming from several countries. We are proud to have this
global community with activities on the whole globe.

     Adam Steer (2018) Australia
     Alex Leith (2018) Australia
     Ariel Anthieni (2018) Argentina
     Baovola Marie Anna (2018) Madagascar
     Cayetano Benavent (2018) Spain
     Fernando Quadro (2018) Brazil
     Simon Georget (2018) France
     Guillaume Pasero (2018) France
     Horacio Castellaro (2018) Argentina
     James Hughes (2018) United States of America
     John Bryant (2018) Australia
     Kristian Evers (2018) Denmark
     Malena Libman (2018) Argentina
     Manuel Retamozo (2018) Argentina
     Marco Bernasocchi (2018) Switzerland
     Matt Travis (2018) United Kingdom
     Miriam González (2018) Mexico
     Sidney Schaberle Goveia (2018) Brazil
     Selene Yang (2018) Nicaragua
     Alexander Kotsev (2018) Bulgaria
     Carmen Diez (2018), Spain
     Cristian Zamar (2018), Argentina
     Diego Moreira Carvalho (2018), Brazil
     Eugene Cheipesh (2018), USA
     George Porto Ferreira (2018), Brazil
     Jeff Hamm (2018), Canada
     Jéssica Sena Garcia (2018), Spain
     Karine Jean (2018), Canada
     Luiz Motta (2018), Brazil
     Mike Saunt (2018), United Kindom
     Peddada Jagadeeswara Rao (2018), India
     Thomas Starnes (2018), United Kingdom
     Tom Ingold (2018), USA
     Vivek Saxena (2018), India
     V Rajesh Chowdhary (2018), Thailand

Have a look at the charts and map by Jorge Sanz to find out more about
the evolution and distribution of the OSGeo Charter Members.

You can see how the members increased within the thirteen elections –
animated Image by Jorge Sans
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/jsanz/779f9b9954b92461fa50/raw/8a755dbb28be5e1404930e9fc332e6b77f88062f/osgeo_charter_members.gif

All the best to our new Charter Members.

Greetings from the OSGeo board!

--
Astrid Emde

Astrid Emde