[OSGeo-Announce] OSGeo GitHub Sponsors profile is live

Victoria Rautenbach victoria.rautenbach at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 11:30:58 PDT 2020

News item at,
https://www.osgeo.org/foundation-news/osgeo-github-sponsors-profile-is-live/

OSGeo provides financial, organisational and legal support to the broader
open source geospatial community, but we rely on our sponsors to enable us
to do this for the community. Firstly, we would like to thank and
acknowledge all our current sponsors <https://www.osgeo.org/sponsors/>! To
make it easier for the larger user community of our projects to support and
sponsor OSGeo, we decided to join the GitHub sponsorship programme.

GitHub Sponsors
<https://docs.github.com/en/free-pro-team@latest/github/supporting-the-open-source-community-with-github-sponsors/about-github-sponsors>
allows the developer community to financially support the people and
organizations who design, build, and maintain the open source projects they
depend on, directly on GitHub. We are still accepting sponsors via
communication with the treasure or paypal, this is just an added method
(read more on How to become a sponsor?
<https://www.osgeo.org/about/how-to-become-a-sponsor/>).

Through the GitHub sponsorship programme, we received our first $10
USD/month sponsorship within 26 minutes (wow)! So we hope to get more
sponsors via GitHub that can enable us to provide more resources to our
projects and invest in our global community.

GitHub Become a sponsor to OSGeo, https://github.com/sponsors/OSGeo