[OSGeo-Announce] OSGeo would like to welcome our 15 new OSGeo Charter Members 2021

Astrid Emde (OSGeo) astrid_emde at osgeo.org
Mon Dec 13 10:53:58 PST 2021

Newsitem:
https://www.osgeo.org/foundation-news/welcoming-our-new-osgeo-charter-members-2021/
2021-12-13

OSGeo would like to welcome our new OSGeo Charter Members 2021.

In 2021, we had 15 nominations and all were accepted. This year, 230
votes were casted. It was a lower number than last year (304 in 2020,
then 209 in 2019, 276 in 2018 for comparison). The OSGeo board approved
the new members in November 2021.

We are happy to announce that the following people were accepted as
OSGeo Charter Members:

Enock Seth Nyamador (2021) Ghana
Maia Williams (2021) Australia
John Duncan (2021) Australia
Amin Mobasheri (2021) Germany
Peter Rushforth (2021) Canada
Fernando Mino (2021) Ecuador
Julien Cabièces (2021) France
Loïc Bartoletti (2021) France
Ashish Kumar (2021) India
Stefan F. Keller (2021) Switzerland
Linda Kladivová (2021) Czech Republic
Nick Bearman (2021) UK
Adrien André (2021) France
Nicolas Rochard (2021) France
Malika Gunawardana (2021) Sri Lanka

We send a warm welcome to our new OSGeo Charter Members.

You find a list of all charter members [1].

OSGeo now has a total number of 497 members for 64 countries. Below is a
summary of our membership (you can access the interactive version [2]).

Thanks a lot to Anne Ghisla and Jorge Gustavo Rocha (2021 OSGeo
Elections CROs) for organizing the OSGeo Election 2021.

Now it is time for the OSGeo Board Election 2021. You find the
nominations [3] and the candidate manifestos [4].

About the Open Source Geospatial Foundation
The Open Source Geospatial Foundation is a not-for-profit 501(c)(4)
organization to empower everyone with open source geospatial. The
software foundation directly supports projects serving as an outreach
and advocacy organization providing financial, organizational and legal
support for the open source geospatial community.

OSGeo works with GeoCat, OPENGIS.ch, Gaia3D, Astun Technology and other
sponsors, along with our partners to foster an open approach to
software, standards, data and education.

Open Source Geospatial Foundation
https://www.osgeo.org/

[1] https://www.osgeo.org/about/charter-members/
[2]