[OSGeo-Announce] Board Election 2021 - congratulations and warm welcome to our five new OSGeo Board Members

Astrid Emde (OSGeo) astrid_emde at osgeo.org
Wed Dec 29 10:23:33 PST 2021

News Item: https://www.osgeo.org/foundation-news/board-election-2021/
2021-12-29

Congratulations and warm welcome to our five new OSGeo Board Members.

In this cycle of the Board of Directors election, there were five open
seats for the 2022 board. The Chief Returning Officers reported that 321
from a total of 497 Charter members casted their votes for the
Board of Directors (65% participation). Refer to [1] for more
information on the election results.

We are happy to announce that the following people were elected to the
Board of Directors (in alphabetical order):

- Adam Steer https://www.osgeo.org/member/steer/ (Norway)
- Codrina Maria Ilie https://www.osgeo.org/member/codrina-maria-ilie/
(Bucharest, Romania)
- Marco Bernasocchi https://www.osgeo.org/member/bernasocchi/
(Switzerland)
- Rajat Shinde https://www.osgeo.org/member/shinde/ (India)
- Vicky Vergara https://www.osgeo.org/member/vicky-vergara/ (Naucalpan,
Mexico)

Codrina Maria Ilie and Vicky Vergara were reelected.

The President and Executive Positions will be announced in early 2022.

Read more about the OSGeo Board of directors [2].

Lastly, the OSGeo Board of Directors and Charter members would like to
express their gratitude to Tina Cormier
(https://www.osgeo.org/member/cormier/) for her nomination, and the
Chief Returning Officers, Jorge Gustavo Rocha and Anne Ghisla, for their
hard work during the last election cycle.

Happy onboarding to the new Board Members and all the best for your
term.

About the Open Source Geospatial Foundation
The Open Source Geospatial Foundation is a not-for-profit 501(c)(4)
organization to empower everyone with open source geospatial. The
software foundation directly supports projects serving as an outreach
and advocacy organization providing financial, organizational and legal
support for the open source geospatial community.

OSGeo works with GeoCat, OPENGIS.ch, Gaia3D, Astun Technology and other
sponsors, along with our partners to foster an open approach to
software, standards, data and education.

Open Source Geospatial Foundation
https://www.osgeo.org/

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Election_2021_Results

[2] https://www.osgeo.org/about/board/