[OSGeo-Announce] Successful Geospatial Devroom at FOSDEM 2021

Astrid Emde (OSGeo) astrid_emde at osgeo.org
Wed Feb 17 23:06:46 PST 2021

Newsitem:
https://www.osgeo.org/foundation-news/successful-geospatial-devroom-at-fosdem-2021/

2021-02-17

OSGeo organized the Geospatial Devroom at FOSDEM 2021 on Sunday 7.
February 2021.

 HTTPS://FOSDEM.ORG/2021/SCHEDULE/TRACK/GEOSPATIAL/ [1]

FOSDEM is the largest annual free and open source developers meeting in
Europe, with 8000+ participants. It normally takes place in Brussels
(Belgium). In 2021 it was online.

The FOSDEM Geospatial devroom has a history. It started in 2014 and was
part of FOSDEM since then. We enjoyed beeing in Brussels, but the online
version was great too.
In 2021 we had the opportunity to bring our global community to FOSDEM.
We had speaker from all over the world like Kenia, Ghana, Greece,
Belarus, United States, Austria, Argentinia.

During the day people could join and leave the room according to their
possibility to attend, we got a maximum of around 140 people in the room
and also an unknown number of people in the live stream.

Slides and videos
The videos from FOSDEM are published at https://video.fosdem.org/ [2]
You find the slides and further links related to the talks added to the
event pages https://fosdem.org/2021/schedule/track/geospatial/ [1]

Thank you
We would like to thank all the speakers and people involved. We had
speakers from all over the world. Some were still asleep when the first
talk started.

Thanks also to the great audience. It was great to see so many
geospatial enthusiasts from all over the world in our devroom. Thanks
for the discussions and the applause.

Big thanks to the FOSDEM team. It was an amazing conference and you
provided an amazing setup.

T-Shirt time
Get your FOSDEM 2021 T-Shirt https://fosdem.org/2021/tshirts/ [3] or
maybe a GDAL T-Shirt https://teespring.com/shop/gdal?pid=793&cid=103538