[OSGeo-Announce] Join the FOSS4G 2021 Community Sprint on Saturday October 2nd,  2021 - please register

Astrid Emde (OSGeo) astrid_emde at osgeo.org
Fri Jul 2 07:58:42 PDT 2021

See News Item
https://www.osgeo.org/foundation-news/foss4g-2021-community-sprint/

The FOSS4G 2021 Community Sprint [1] will be right after the global
FOSS4G 2021 conference [2] and has the aim to bring people together to
discuss and improve OSGeo projects. It will take place online on
Saturday October 2nd,  2021, using WorkAdventu.re [3] plus a bounce of
Jitsi channels for each project.

The Community Sprint offers an excellent opportunity to meet other OSGeo
members and get involved in OSGeo projects! It is a golden opportunity
for developers and non-developers to meet with the core team of those
projects, get a deeper insight into the software and participate in
development, testing or documentation. We follow this tradition since
2009.

Since we need to create the Workadventu.re environment, we ask all
projects to register on the wiki page by July 15th. Projects that have
registered on time will have their own Workadventu.re environment, those
that register later will only have a Jitsi channel reported on the
community sprint wiki page.

The OSGeo Code Sprint is open to all who wish to participate in one or
more projects. WorkAdventu.re environment is open only to people
registered to FOSS4G 2021 whereas the Jitsi channels are open to
everyone.

There is always plenty to do – it’s not all about programming;
translation, documentation, feedback, discussions, testing – all this is
also important for projects, so everyone is cordially invited to attend
the community sprint!

The Organizing Team is looking forward to your coming!

Please register soon [1]

See you at FOSS4G 2021!

The FOSS4G 2021 Community Sprint Team

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2021/Community_sprint