[OSGeo-Announce] OSGeo Welcomes 7 students for GSoC 2022 | Heartiest Congratulations!

Astrid Emde (OSGeo) astrid_emde at osgeo.org
Sat May 21 03:34:31 PDT 2022

Dear OSGeo Community,

We are proud and extremely elated to announce that 7 students have been
selected to work on OSGeo projects for GSoC 2022. 🎉

Browse the projects at:
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/programs/2022/organizations/osgeo-open-source-geospatial-foundation

Please join us in congratulating all the students and welcoming them to
the OSGeo community. We are excited about the development they shall be
doing in the coming months.

We congratulate other students (who are not selected) for their hard
work and interest in contributing to OSGeo. Please remember that a
dedicated effort is the first step, and you all should be proud of
yourself for already taking that step. We hope you will still be
interested in contributing to the OSGeo and we wish you the best in your
future endeavors!

Also, it is imperative to recognize our Mentors' support. None of this
could have been possible without them. Thank you, dear Mentors. We all
really appreciate your efforts.

We shall be sending further instructions about onboarding soon. Please
stay tuned and keep checking the OSGeo SoC (Summer of Code) mailing list
(Kindly subscribe if you haven't already).

Stay safe!
With kind regards,
Your OSGeo GSoC Administration Team

About the Open Source Geospatial Foundation
The Open Source Geospatial Foundation is a not-for-profit 501(c)(4)
organization to empower everyone with open source geospatial. The
software foundation directly supports projects serving as an outreach
and advocacy organization providing financial, organizational and legal
support for the open source geospatial community.

OSGeo works with Camptocamp, GeoCat, OPENGIS.ch, Gaia3D, Astun
Technology, WhereGroup, GeoSolutions and other sponsors, along with our
partners to foster an open approach to software, standards, data and
education.

Open Source Geospatial Foundation
https://www.osgeo.org/