[Argentina] Fwd: First approach to the OpenStreetMap universe

Horacio Castellaro castellaro en gmail.com
Jue Abr 3 04:17:44 PDT 2014

    Webinar April 28
First approach to the OpenStreetMap universe

   Join us for a Webinar on April 28

   <http://mundogeo.net/send/link.php?M=1676190&N=4006&L=11352&F=H>

      The* ICA-OSGeo Lab Network* and *MundoGEO* are now pleased to inform
the sixth webinar of the "Open Geospatial Science & Applications" webinar
series on April 28th. The webinar will be open and free to all on first
come register basis.

This webinar will be on *OpenStreetMap* (OSM), a collaborative project to
create a free editable map of the world.

OpenStreetMap is much more than a set of data. In this webinar, we would
like to show a good portion of the *possibilities* that OSM offers.

The webinar - by *Lluís Vicens* - doesn't consists of a full inventory of
tools and techniques, but is intended to offer a first approach to the OSM
universe. We want to put the basis, and to establish a starting point to
explore all the possibilities by yourself.

We will see, first of all, what data can we download from OpenStreetMap and
how it can be downloaded in a personalized way, employing customizable
criteria. In addition to downloading, we'll look at other tools that add
value to OSM: editors, importers to databases, geolocation services, image
rendering, routing algorithms, etc.

Attendees will be able to *interact* with the speakers by sending their
comments and questions through chat. All attendees of this web seminar will
receive *certificates* for their *participation*.    *Webinar:* First
approach to the OpenStreetMap universe  *Date:* Monday, April 28, 2014
*Time:* 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM GMT    After *registering* you will receive
a *confirmation
email *containing information about* joining* the Webinar.    *System
Requirements*
PC-based attendees
Required: Windows(R) 8, 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
 Mac(R)-based attendees
Required: Mac OS(R) X 10.6 or newer
 Mobile attendees
Required: iPhone(R), iPad(R), Android(tm) phone or Android tablet
   *Space is limited.*
Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/307450018<http://mundogeo.net/send/link.php?M=1676190&N=4006&L=11352&F=H>

   To ensure that you receive MundoGEO emails,
please add *mundogeo at mundogeo.com <mundogeo at mundogeo.com>* to your address
book.

MundoGEO respects your privacy and is against spam.
f you prefer not to receive emails from us, please
unsubscribe<http://mundogeo.net/send/unsubscribe.php?M=1676190&C=440921eb2fad36ce781d27f3d963308e&L=118&N=4006>.