[AtlanticCanada] Shhhh -> Local Chapter meeting

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Oct 1 11:24:10 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

Sorry to be so quiet lately (I was in Barcelona for our wonderful FOSS4G
event, where we had roughly 900 attendees!).

Now that it's October 1st, I hope that we can start planning for our
first chapter meeting, during the upcoming Geomatics Atlantic event.
Here are some thoughts:

Timing
======

- I think an option would be during lunch on day1 of the event (Oct 28th)
- or after the Exhibit Hall beer tasting event that night, at 7pm (Oct
28th).

Location
========

- a room at the Delta Hotel?
- a room at UNB?
- a local pub near the Delta?

Agenda
======

- select Chapter Officers
- discuss next steps to become a formal chapter
- discuss mission and objectives of chapter
- discuss how often to meet
- discuss next steps for Chapter outreach/activities in the Atlantic
Canada community

Meeting Requirements

- you!
- projector, screen, and Internet are nice-to-haves but not necessary
- chairs

I'd like this meeting to be very informal.

Please give us your thoughts on this everyone.  Thanks.

-jeff