[Aust-NZ] WALIS

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Mon Aug 20 19:29:46 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Chris Tweedie raised the idea of us getting involved in WALIS forum here
in Perth, which is on next March (http://www.walis.wa.gov.au/forum).
I've spoken to the powers that be at WALIS and offered to see what I
could do regarding a presentation on GeoFOSS.  I was promptly told that
wasn't good enough as they would prefer a whole stream of open source
presentations.

This is a great opportunity for anyone operating in the commercial
GeoFOSS space to get some exposure or Gov'ts to showcase what they have
been doing.  The call for papers closes 28 September so if you're
interested it's time to get moving.  If you post your proposed topic
here we'll see how much of the GeoFOSS spectrum we can cover.

Regards,
Tim Bowden