[Australia] WALIS 08 attendance

Chris Tweedie chris at narx.net
Thu Jul 19 23:52:37 EDT 2007

All,

Just had a quick chat to Tim and suggested shifting our focus somewhat to the WALIS Forum in '08, March 12-14 in Perth. See http://walis.forum.wa.gov.au for some background ... although details are sparse for 08 currently.

Last years conf unforunately coincided with FOSS4G Switzerland but netherless there was still a few open source based talks.

Thoughts / comments? I've been to a few now and i'd certainly rate WALIS up there simply because you cant go wrong with 650+ people at a _vendor-neutral_ event. OSGEO charter/goals certainly could fit nicely into the conf

Thoughts?

Chris