[Aust-NZ] Re: [Fwd: Re: OSGeo local chapter incorporation legal advice]

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 17:15:35 EST 2008

 +1 from me too.

Re Funding:
1. I think we should initially keep our budget small to reduce overhead.
2. Our focus should be on advocacy. Ie presenting at conferences or
webcasts or similar. FOSS4G fits in that category.
3. I'd like to see sponsorship and management/control coming from both
Government and Industry.

Business case for government is:
1. Assuming government agency has identified that long term, it is
likely to incorporate Open Source into its infrastructure, the agency
will benefit from a broad local user base of these products. Sponsoring
a local advocacy will be an effective way to achieve this.