[Aust-NZ] Some feedback from WALIS

Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au
Fri Mar 28 02:00:21 EDT 2008

IMO:

I had a number of discussions with various people at WALIS across
government and industry.

There was widespread interest and goodwill towards FOSS4G 2009.

Some specifics:

- We have two additional potential sponsors for OSGeo-AustNZ and FOSS4G
2009. More to follow later:

  + SpatialVision
  + NGIS

- Jon Fairall from Position Magazine and Spatial Business Newsletter (for
our overseas list members,
  Australia's premier spatial magazine and newsletter) expressed support
for Open Source Spatial and for FOSS4G 2009
  (sorry if I'm misquoting you Jon).

  Jon is prepared to publish a number of articles on Open Source Spatial
  to help get the message out. We should think carefully on this and work
out the best way to use this offer and
  **excellent medium** to drum up interest in OSGeo and in FOSS4G 2009.
Perhaps this should be a high priority
  for the FOSS4G 2009 committee.

  Hopefully Jon will accept submissions under a Creative Commons License
so that we can also use the
  material with the OSGeo Journal.

Bruce

Notice: