[Aust-NZ] New to the list

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 00:25:03 EDT 2009

2009/8/29 Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com>:

> We actually have a few presentations focusing just on data and licenses, but
> you are right, most of the conference focuses on software available and how
> to use it.

At this stage there is only one license that's useful for importing
data into OSM, cc-by-sa, which LINZ and other govt agencies round the
world have released data as or a similarly compatible license.

> Of note, we do have at least one presenter talking about a plugin to Open
> Street Maps that I'm aware of. (My boss actually, who has set up a local
> mirror of OSM).

Excuse my ignorance, but a plugin for what software, because the OSM
data can be converted to shape files or nearly any other geo data
type, without needing a plugin.