[Aust-NZ] Re: SDI Technical Leader position

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com
Mon May 9 22:52:18 EDT 2011

This looks like an interesting job for someone with a SDI & Project
Management flair.

On 10/05/2011 12:00 PM, Geoff O'Malley wrote:
> Hi Cameron
> As discussed here is a link to the advertised position for SDI
> Technical Leader.
> https://jobs.govt.nz/jobtools/jncustomsearch.viewFullSingle?in_organid=16563&in_jnCounter=221504964&in_version=&in_jobDate=All&in_jobType=&in_location=%22Wellington%22+&in_residency=&in_graphic=&in_param=&in_searchbox=YES&in_recruiter=&in_jobreference=&in_orderby=&in_sessionid=&in_navigation1=&in_summary=S
> <https://jobs.govt.nz/jobtools/jncustomsearch.viewFullSingle?in_organid=16563&in_jnCounter=221504964&in_version=&in_jobDate=All&in_jobType=&in_location=%22Wellington%22+&in_residency=&in_graphic=&in_param=&in_searchbox=YES&in_recruiter=&in_jobreference=&in_orderby=&in_sessionid=&in_navigation1=&in_summary=S>

Job Description

Land Information New Zealand (LINZ)'s purpose is to maintain and build
confidence in property rights in land and geographic information as well
as encourage land markets to develop and mature.Our work supports
activities as diverse as buying a house, navigating the seas and sending
emergency services to the right place.

LINZ's New Zealand Geospatial Office is continuing its exciting period
of development and growth, and there are now several work streams in
motion within its industry-wide work programme.This new leadership role
requires a strong collaborator with great interpersonal skills.You will
be engaging with a range of external stakeholders from central and local
government, academia and the private sector, working towards several key
deliverables, one of which is a national formal spatial data
infrastructure by 2014.

The ability to garner respect and build credibility will be important,
so a good understanding of spatial data infrastructures, as well as
geospatial technologies, standards and data management will be necessary.

We are also looking for applicants who can demonstrate the following:

~ Excellent communication skills -- verbal, written and presentation

~ Ability to stay focused on tasks and get others to do the same

~ Ability to clearly articulate issues and propose solutions

~ Understanding of issues relevant to the geospatial industry in New Zealand

Please forward a CV and a cover letter outlining your skills and
experience for this role.

Applications close 5pm, Wednesday 18 May, 2011.

For further information on this role please contact Joanna Schmelz at
H2R Consulting on 04 4999 471.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager