[Aust-NZ] meetups or other activates for the new year?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 14:51:15 EST 2012

Right, so osgeo aust-nz would change from unofficial to official in the
eyes of osgeo. I see very little benefit from that. I don't think we
will attract any more osgeo converts from such a title. (If we need an
official title, we can always call upon the greater OSGeo organisation).

However, I do see a large drain on volunteer time. As soon as we require
money to run, we need to worry about chasing people or organisations for
membership fees, which is an unpleasant task which sucks up lots of
valuable volunteer times.