[Aust-NZ] Webinar - Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial Applications

Ben Caradoc-Davies Ben.Caradoc-Davies at csiro.au
Wed Dec 4 18:43:50 PST 2013

I have already investigated this. The trial was deployed to North
American convenors only, but has been discontinued (this is my advice
from OGC tech support). If it were still available, the convener would
see the option under the meeting settings. It was disabled by default.

Kind regards,
Ben.

On 05/12/13 10:31, Byron Cochrane wrote:
> Hmm, maybe Linux users can participate after all. This is from the Goto
> meeting faqs page:
>
> "Does the Web Viewer work on Mac or Linux systems?
>
> Yes, the GoToMeeting Web Viewer works on Mac and Linux systems that meet
> the above requirements (even though GoToMeeting does not officially
> support Linux). If you have difficulties using the Web Viewer on Linux,
> our Global Customer Support team cannot help you."
>
> Maybe worth a try. Will report back Wednesday.
>
> Cheers,
> Byron
>
> On Thu, Dec 5, 2013, at 03:11 PM, Ben Caradoc-Davies wrote:
>> Ah, the evil GotoMeeting. OGC recently switched to it as well.
>> GotoMeeting had a prototype web option but withdrew it. They now
>> actively discourage Linux participation. The audio-only workaround I use
>> is to connect with an Android phone to discover the phone endpoint and
>> then use Skype Out to connect (not libre but Linux support is decent).
>> Useless for screen sharing on Linux.
>>
>> Of course, Android is Linux ...  ;-)
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Ben.
>>
>> On 29/11/13 15:52, Brent Wood wrote:
>>> Can anyone explain why a webinar for FOSS based GIS software claims to
>>> exclude Linux users from participating?
>>> This has annoyed a few FOSS users I've forwarded it to, & I'd like to
>>> let them know why this approach was chosen.
>>>
>>> System Requirements
>>>   > PC-based attendees
>>>   > Required: Windows® 8, 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
>>>   > Mac®-based attendees
>>>   > Required: Mac OS® X 10.6 or newer
>>>   > Mobile attendees
>>>   > Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet
>>>

>>> Brent Wood

>> --
>> Ben Caradoc-Davies <Ben.Caradoc-Davies at csiro.au>
>> Software Engineer
>> CSIRO Earth Science and Resource Engineering
>> Australian Resources Research Centre

Software Engineer
Australian Resources Research Centre