[Aust-NZ] Viewing ECW files in QGIS 2.0.1 - Dufour running on a Mac book OS X system [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bruce Bannerman B.Bannerman at bom.gov.au
Sun Nov 24 13:28:54 PST 2013

Stephen,

You may also want to look at running your Spatial software via a virtualised environment, e.g. VMWare Fusion, VirtualBox etc.

I personally find the Package management environment in Ubuntu, Debian etc far superior to other alternatives. It is much easier to ensure that you have appropriate software and dependencies installed, as well as a trivial process to keep your packages maintained.

Bruce