[Aust-NZ] What Open Government can learn from us Open Source folks

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 02:06:52 PDT 2018

I'm going through and methodically actioning the great feedback on this
essay.

I've rewritten the first 2 introduction sections to, be more pointed, in
line with feedback. I'd love another review if you have the time.

Joel,

You are right to call out Government and Open Street Map licenses as an
anti-pattern to collaboration, and I think it is worthy of a blog post
on its own. If mapping agencies such as PSMA are not able to share their
data with the biggest open source geospatial community then we should
revisit government's approach. I also agree that it is too much detail
for this particular article, but should be something we follow up on.

Warm regards, Cameron