[Aust-NZ] What Open Government can learn from us Open Source folks

Bruce Bannerman bruce.bannerman.osgeo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 16:12:31 PDT 2018

Agreed Martin.

I have participated within the OGC Technical Committee as a voting member for many years, and have attended a number of TC meetings.

I’m well aware that there are a number of Australian organisations that are members of the OGC.

However, the most active Australian organisations that I’ve seen within the standards and domain working groups have been the Bureau, GA and CSIRO.

The comment was intended to be a concise statement showing that Australia is and has been participating within international fora developing data frameworks.

The comment was not intended to be a detailed description of the number of Australian organisations that are members of the OGC.

Kind regards,

Bruce