[Belgium] Hosting of web site foss4g.be [was Re: Minutes of the 2015-06-05 meeting and revised version of the call for sponsors]

Dirk Frigne dirk.frigne at geosparc.com
Wed Jun 10 01:21:26 PDT 2015

Hi,

I agree to organise FOSS4G this year on 29/10.

As an alternative, I have my own mailserver (mail.frgne.be) and this
server can host several domains, with several administrators.

If needed I can host the mailserver for the foss4g.be domain.

You just have to point the [MAIL] DNS record to my server
(mail.frigne.be) and give me the contact person who will administer this
mail domain (creating mailaccounts, aliasses, ...)

Even better is to create a mail.foss4gbe.be record that points to the ip
adress of mail.frigne.be.

My2c (- while working on the official expression of intrest to form a
chapter to the OSGeo Board)

Dirk

On 10-06-15 09:23, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> On 07/06/15 19:04, Marc Ducobu wrote:
>> Thanks for the minutes.
>>
>> I can be the contact for sponsors.
>

> Thanks, Marc !
>
> My proposal concerning an email address also raises the question of
> hosting of the website and possible email addresses.
>
> We did not really speak about this, but even in the unlikely situation
> that OSGeo does not accept our chapter, I guess we will still organise
> the event, and so we can go ahead with arranging hosting of the web
> site, or ?
>
> One place, in line with OSGeo ideas, would be Domaine public [1]. See
> [2] for the technical specifications. Even a minimal account (cf towards
> the bottom of the page) would probably be enough for our purposes.
>
> Moritz
>

> [1] http://www.domainepublic.net/
> [2] http://www.domainepublic.net/Reglement-Technique.html
>

>> Marc
>>
>> On 07/06/15 13:14, Moritz Lennert wrote:
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> You can find the minutes of Friday's meeting on the wiki [1]. Please
>>> amend if necessary.
>>>
>>> I've also revised the call for sponsors according to what we decided
>>> [2]. The only open point (that I forgot to mention at the meeting) is
>>> the contact: who will be the contact person for sponsors. I would
>>> suggest that we create a specific email address such as
>>> sponsorship at foss4g.be but we need someone to be the actual person behind
>>> that address.
>>>
>>> Moritz
>>>
>>> [1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo-BE-meeting-20150605