[Belgium] Mapping facilities for homeless people - Save the date : 27/02/2016

joost schouppe joost.schouppe at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 19:20:13 PST 2016

Hi,

I just added this event to the Belgian Meetup calendar, see
http://meetu.ps/e/BjHFr/fnQ6Y/apiand
There's over 150 members, so hopefully some of them will come. I also
shared the invite on the Belgium OSM talk list (Johan did so too, more
recently). I know at least one of our members already signed up.

As an OpenStreetMap member, I absolutely applaud this effort. However, I
still would like some more detailed info about the source of the data you
will add to OSM, which kinds of objects would be added,  etc. Obviously,
licensing has to be compatible, or an explicit permission has to be granted
by the data providers. The data quality has to be really high. Measures
have to be taken to solve conflicts between existing and new data. Tagging
schemes may have to be investigated or extended to ensure data usability
afterwards. Failure to do any of these things might cause removal of the
new data.
I'm sure there are people in the team who are well aware of all this.  But
it would be nice if you could share the info with the Belgian OSM
community. A good place would be in this thread on the Belgian talk list:
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-be/2016-February/008395.html

All the best,
Joost

(I hope this message falls into the correct thread...)