[Belgium] Minutes of GA & next steps in foss4g.be preparation

Maelle Vercauteren mavercau at ulb.ac.be
Wed May 10 15:00:09 PDT 2017

Thanks for your email Moritz.

The minutes will be publish asap if I understood well, we just need a last
check about the budget point.

About the FOSS4G 2017, the priority is to find a location.

The potentials venues are :

·    Royal Military Academy <http://www.rma.ac.be/en/> : an official
request must be sent by Dirk/Johan

•     BEL <http://bel.brussels/> : the BEL may be available for an
acceptable price (1.200 €)

(•     U
<http://cte.ulb.ac.be/index.php/liste-des-auditoires/34-cellule/cell-av/182-tarifs>
LB
<http://cte.ulb.ac.be/index.php/liste-des-auditoires/34-cellule/cell-av/182-tarifs>/
VUB <https://my.vub.ac.be/infrastructuur-en-events/lokaal-reserveren> : may
be available for ± the same price as BEL but with less equipement)

Main deadlines:

Done ½ : Communication on the dates of the event

Done : Adapt Logo FOSS4G.be 2017

Done : Basic web page

12/05/2017: Send official request for the location of the event !!!

→ Johan could you do it ?

Gaël and Dirk could you help him with your contacts ?

15/05/2017: re-Mailing Call for sponsors : dissemination on external
networks

17/05/2017: Update the text for the call for papers and for Maps

17/05/2017: re- launch the program of the special session
“FOSS4GeoEducation”

19/05/2017: Book the location for the event

19/05/2017: Website

22/05/2017: Launch  the call for papers and dissemination on external
networks

01/09/2017: Mailing Call for Maps

04/09/2017: Website Updates

25/09/2017: Communication of the program on the website

25/09/2017: Design the final booklet

26/10/2017: Our event !

I think we need to plan minimum one meeting per month until the event and
propose to start with Marc's idea →  the first one would be a working group
session to create together a task list :-)

I will send an email to involve a lot of OSGeo members ! :-)
Take your agenda guys!

Cheers, Maë//e

> Hello to all,
>
> Are the minutes of the general assembly available ?
>
> Most importantly what has been decided in terms of the organisation of
> foss4g.be 2017 ?
>
> Moritz

Maëlle VERCAUTEREN DRUBBEL
Coordinatrice du stage SIG Libres ARES

Université Libre de Bruxelles - IGEAT (CP 130 / 03)
Campus du Solbosch
Av. F. D. Roosevelt, 50
B-1050 Bruxelles
Tél.: 02/650.68.14 Fax: 02/650.50.92 Local: DB6.143