[Belgium] Banner

Mathieu Carette mathieu at rockestate.be
Fri Apr 13 19:07:16 PDT 2018

Hey Oliver,

Thanks for the feedback.

1. Indeed, Belgian imagery would be great. The technical requirements of
the candidate image would be as follows: ideal resolution would be 3370px ×
8134px but 1685px × 4067px would do (half that in both dimensions is still
acceptable, but we'll really start seing serious pixelization on the
banner). @Roel or anyone else, any suggestions?
2. I added a link to www.osgeo.be at the bottom of the banner (which thanks
to you redirects to the wiki right now). I have some ambitions to build a
simple website which would be even more welcoming to newcomers, including a
button to subscribe to the ML. I'm not including a link to the ML
subscription page on the banner because:
- if my ambitions materialize, the osgeo.be website will have a clear link
to that
- the link is very long (
https://lists.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/belgium)
- the wiki already contains this link (although quite far below)

Stay tuned for a proposition for the new osgeo.be website.

Meanwhile, here's the updated banner below:

[image: banner-small.png]