[Belgium] Expiration of my term as board member

Dirk Frigne dirk.frigne at geosparc.com
Tue Mar 27 11:46:46 PDT 2018

Maelle,

Thank you for your contribution to our community the past 3 years.
Know that you motivated us a lot, resulting in a very active local chapter.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, and I hope to welcome you on some of our
future events!

It is normal in a volunteer based community people step in and out as it
fits with their other engagements, so don't hesitate to step up and do
the things you are comfortably can/want to do.
The first 3 years of OSGeo Belgium where a great start and I am sure we
have a new board that wil continue building on this start.

Thank you for all the work you did, and have fun with the things you
want to do in the future!

Best regards,
Dirk

On 26-03-18 14:08, Maelle Vercauteren wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> In case it's necessary to have a written request for an expiration of my
> term :
>
> After 3 years on the board I think it is now time for me to step down,
> at least for a while.
>

> I really enjoyed our first year together. OSGeo.be gave me the
> opportunity to be part of a solidarity project based on "best efforts".
> It allowed me to realise things as a team with the values that are
> important to me. Even if it took time and energy, the feedbacks and
> exchanges were always enriching and it was really supportive to work as
> a team.
>

> The following years however were rather tough. I know that many of us
> had less time to give to the association given the more intense
> professional side in parallel... After the 2nd foss4g we realized that
> we had to communicate more and that everyone had to respect  their
> commitments... Unfortunately the 3rd year was even harder !
>

> I therefore prefer to take a break to be able to start maybe again later
> with as much enthusiasm as I had originally.
>
> I hope OSGeo.be can find new blood and I'm glad that we found e.g.
> Mathieu who seems really motivated. That ‘s promising !
>

> It was really great to meet you and I hope we stay in touch.
>
> I wish all the best to the new board !
>
> Maë//e
>

> --
> Maëlle VERCAUTEREN DRUBBEL