[Benchmarking] Presentation contents... maybe too much already?

Andrea Aime aaime at opengeo.org
Mon Aug 3 06:01:10 EDT 2009

Hi,
I was ìlooking back at the previous perf presentations and I'm
a little worried that we're packing up too much content.

The presentations are here, for reference:
http://2007.foss4g.org/presentations/view.php?abstract_id=120
http://conference.osgeo.org/index.php/foss4g/2008/paper/view/256/191

The 2007 presentation had around 6 different benchmarks
The 2008 had 6 different benchmarks as well (actually 7 if
we count WFS 1.0 and WFS 1.1 as separate)

For this one it seems we're targetting 8-9 already, and
each of them can get more expensive to work on as (if)
we add SDE and Oracle to the picture.

Should we cut out some test? Or just try to run them all and
see how long the presentation gets, and adjust the number
after the fact?

Cheers
Andrea